School of Food Sciences and NutritionInnovative Food Sciences
Based on the ideals of the Faculty of Food and Nutrition Science, in the Department of Innovative Food Sciences we train women with nutritional expertise and have the ability to create innovative and creative products and services in the food industry for the health and well-being of people.
Three Features of the Department
- We have assembled a curriculum with nutritional expertise to enable the acquisition of practical abilities and problem-solving skills for creating innovative and creative products and services in the food manufacturing industry in order to benefit universal health and well-being. In order to instill the expertise expected of a “food professional,” Years 1 and 2 feature courses that solidify the intellectual foundation necessary for acquiring nutritional expertise. In addition, to cultivate a career-minded focus from an early stage, we have organized on-site training courses within the food manufacturing industry. In Year 3, we deepen understanding and practical knowledge of food manufacturing with internships in the food manufacturing industry integrated into the curriculum. In Year 4, students acquire the practical abilities and problem-solving skills to create innovative and creative products and services by conducting various joint-research-based and collaborative developments with companies as their graduation research project.
- Teaching and Research Environment
- Our Culinary Equipment Laboratory and a Culinary Atelier （Shoku-Ko-Bo） were established to facilitate the cultivation of personnel with practical abilities and problem-solving skills. In the Culinary Equipment Laboratory, students use the latest equipment to engage in groundbreaking scientific research, including joint research and development with companies and other partners. In the Culinary Atelier, also in cooperation with companies and other partners, students work on menu development, work actively to implement their own ideas and solutions, and take action to assess and improve the results of their implementations.
- Careers after Graduation
- The food industry has a need for open-minded personnel with skills in research and communication. In the Department of Innovative Food Sciences, we cultivate human resources who are able to play an active role in a wide variety of sectors such as new food development, manufacturing, hygiene management, product planning, and menu development in placements that include food-related companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, trading firms, agricultural corporations, and testing and research institutions.
Academics & Research
School of Letters
School of Education
School of Health and Sports Sciences
School of Human Environmental Sciences
School of Food Sciences and Nutrition
School of Architecture
School of Music
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Nursing
School of Business Administration
- Japanese Language and Literature (M)/(D)
- English Language and Literature (M)/(D)
- Education (M)
- Clinical Psychology (M)
- Clinical Education (M)/(D)
- Health and Sports Sciences (M)
- Food Sciences and Nutrition (M)/(D)
- Human Environmental Sciences (M)/(D)
- Architecture (M)
- Landscape Architecture (M)
- Pharmacy (D)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (M)/(D)
- -Nursing Science (M)/(D)
- One-Year Graduate Program